The National Diversity Council welcomes back in-person events. As we continue to move the needle forward in the diversity, equity and inclusion space, we look forward to catering to our partners and attendees via these programs. The NDC is being mindful of safety and will follow federal, local, and venue protocols. We will also remain flexible and evolve as needed given the dynamic nature of the environment.
Please note that virtual programming will remain an option for some programs throughout the year, and portions our national events will also be live-streamed.
Below are the following NDC 2022 in-person event COVID-19 guidelines.
There will be multiple hand sanitizer stations throughout the venue (i.e., at registration tables; seating tables; head table) and our cleaning crews will do frequent cleanings in high touch areas.
The National Diversity Council will follow local protocols. Please review pre-event correspondents before arriving at the event.
Personal Health and Hygiene
Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Our facilities have soap installed in all locations. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, stay home and contact your doctor.
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures for you, our speakers and employees. You must follow all posted instructions while attending an event. Failure to do so can lead to expulsion from the conference. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By attending, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Do not attend if any of the following is true for you or anyone in your party:
- Within 10 days before attending the conference you have tested positive, or been exposed to someone who has tested positive for, COVID-19;
- Within 48 hours prior to attending the conference, you have experienced symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., a fever of 100.4F or higher, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking muscle pain/achiness, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, nasal congestion, runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, or any other symptoms associated with COVID-19 identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Within 10 days prior to attending the conference, you have traveled to any international territory identified by federal or applicable state or local governments as being subject to travel or quarantine advisories due to COVID-19.
COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION:
While participating in events held or sponsored by the National Diversity Council, (“NDC”), consistent with CDC guidelines, participants are encouraged to practice hand hygiene, “social distancing” and wear face coverings to reduce the risks of exposure to COVID-19. Because COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is spread mainly from person-to-person contact, NDC has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. However, NDC cannot guarantee that its participants, volunteers, partners, or others in attendance will not become infected with COVID-19.
In light of the ongoing spread of COVID-19, individuals who fall within any of the categories below should not engage in NDC events and/or other face-to-face activities.
1. ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS OF COVID-19 & OTHER RISKS.
Holder fully understands that:
(a) the novel coronavirus SARS- CoV-2 (together with any variation thereof, “COVID-19” ) is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death, and there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any place where people are present;
(b) no health and safety policies, assessments, precautions and/or protocols that may be implemented from time to time at and for the Venue (collectively, the “Venue Protocols”) by local, state and federal governmental agencies, and/or the National Diversity Council or its affiliates, (individually or collectively, “Management”), can eliminate the risk of exposure to COVID-19;
(c) while people of all ages and health conditions can be and have been adversely affected by COVID-19, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other public health authorities (i) senior citizens and those with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable; and (ii) contracting COVID-19 can result in the further transmission of COVID-19 to Holder’s spouse, family members, and other persons in proximity to Holder; and
(d) exposure to COVID-19 can result in subsequent quarantine, illness, disability, other short-term and long-term physical and/or mental health effects, and/or death, regardless of age or health condition at the time of exposure and/or infection.
2. ASSUMPTION OF RISKS, HAZARDS AND DANGERS. HOLDER, ON BEHALF OF ITSELF AND RELATED PERSONS, HEREBY FULLY UNDERSTANDS AND KNOWINGLY, VOLUNTARILY AND IRREVOCABLY, ASSUMES ALL RISKS, HAZARDS AND DANGERS RELATED TO ENTRY INTO, AND PRESENCE IN, AT AND AROUND THE VENUE, WHICH MAY INCLUDE AN INCREASED RISK OF EXPOSURE TO COMMUNICABLE DISEASES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COVID-19), VIRUSES, BACTERIA OR ILLNESSES OR CAUSES THEREOF, PERSONAL INJURY, DISABILITY, OTHER SHORT-TERM OR LONG-TERM HEALTH EFFECTS, AND/OR DEATH, WHICH MIGHT RESULT FROM THE ACTIONS, INACTIONS, OR NEGLIGENCE OF HOLDER, ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES (AS DEFINED BELOW), OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES, WHETHER OCCURRING BEFORE, DURING OR AFTER THE EVENT, HOWEVER CAUSED AND WHETHER INSIDE OR OUTSIDE OF THE VENUE. HOLDER HEREBY ACCEPTS PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ITS VOLUNTARY PARTICIPATION IN/AT THE EVENT. HOLDER HEREBY ASSUMES, ON BEHALF OF ITSELF AND RELATED PERSONS, ALL RESPONSIBILITY OF CLAIMS AND POTENTIAL CLAIMS RELATING TO THE RISK, HAZARDS AND DANGERS DESCRIBED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
3. I acknowledge that none of the following is true for myself or anyone I have been in close contact with:
(a) Within 10 days before attending the conference I have tested positive, or been exposed to someone who has tested positive for, COVID-19.
(b) Within 48 hours prior to attending the conference, I have experienced symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., a fever of 100.4F or higher, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking muscle pain/achiness, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, nasal congestion, runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, or any other symptoms associated with COVID-19 identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
(c) Within 10 days prior to attending the conference, I have traveled to any international territory identified by federal or applicable state or local governments as being subject to travel or quarantine advisories due to COVID-19.
I, HOLDER, HAVE CAREFULLY READ AND VOLUNTARILY SIGN THIS AGREEMENT. I understand its terms and I am aware of its legal consequences, including that I am hereby giving up substantial legal rights and that by signing this Agreement. I understand I am forever prevented from suing or otherwise asserting a Claim against any of the Released Parties. I understand that this Agreement is a material inducement for my admission to the Venue and that Management and the other Released Parties are relying upon it. I agree that no oral representations, statements, or inducements contrary to anything contained herein have been made by Management or any other Release Parties.